What documentation is required to travel to Spain?


This section describes the different requirements currently in force for entering Spanish territory.

If you are a citizen of a EU country, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Lichtenstein, you only need a valid national identity document or passport.

Citizens from the United Kingdom and Ireland will require a passport since their countries are not members of the Schengen Area.

The documents must be valid for al least three months following the projected exit from the territory of the Members States, and must have been issued within the last ten years.

In the event of a minor travelling with a national identity document, the latter must be accompanied by parental authorization.


If you come from another country:


The maximum stay in Spain is 90 days. There are a number of countries whose citizens are required to have a valid current visa in order to enter Spain. You can consult them on this list

Citizens of all other countries must be in possession of documents which justify the object and the conditions of their stay, and be in possession of sufficient economic resources for their maintenance throughout the period they are intending to remain in Spain. The documents they are required to present will vary according to the motive of the trip. You can consult them in the “Foreign Affairs” section of the Ministry of Internal Affairs website

Citizens of these countries can also travel to Spain if they have a residence permit or a long-term visa issued by another country in the European Union (with the exception of the United Kingdom, Ireland, Romania, Bulgaria and Cyprus), Switzerland, Norway, Iceland and Lichtenstein.

It is advisable to take out travel insurance for your trip.

Given that conditions may vary, we suggest you contact the Spanish Embassy or Consulate to verify these requirements before you start your trip.


How to require an invitation letter


If you need an invitation letter to obtain your visa, please click here. Fill out the required information and upload the scanned copy of the first page of your passport. Please notice that the Local Organizing Committee will then issue the letter of invitation only if you have already submitted your final paper and/or you have registered.

The Conference Secretariat and the Local Organizing Committee are unable to assist with processing or obtaining visa applications, other than verifying your intention to attend the Conference. Visas are granted at the discretion of the Spanish Diplomatic and Consular Representations in your country of residence.

Please ensure that you leave plenty of time for your visa application to be processed as this can sometimes take several weeks or longer: the earlier you can apply, the better.